Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Flesh and My Heart

My flesh and my heart,
I know they will fail.
They can't seem to find
The right ocean to sail.

Winds blow and waves rise,
I am easily beat.
Feelings take over,
My flesh seizes front seat.

I must kick out my flesh:
Demand it to run,
And persuade my heart
It seeks the wrong one.

God teach me to see,
The beacon you give,
A clear path to follow,
The true way to live.

Lead to your heart,
An ocean so deep,
Its full of your love,
A strength I must keep.

You're my portion forever,
Always there in my need.
You'll keep me afloat.
I'll follow your lead.



"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I like the way worded that and mentioned God in it! Great Job! You can check out my blog at fulloffaithgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete