Sunday, March 10, 2013

Reflections

Recently, I have been posting a lot of short stories. I love introducing new characters, building the climax, and hitting my point home. The process of writing a story is simply amazing; but lately I have been thinking about some of the most amazing stories I have ever heard or read. They all share a common element: Each and every one of them is true.

My family has a tradition of exchanging funny stories when we have company over - and trust me, we have a lot! A house full of seven kids(well, one's at college now) is never without excitement. Often times, our company will have a couple stories of their own to share. It's always a very encouraging time. I believe every person in this world has a story to share. Some may bring laughter, others tears, but whatever the case, they can be more touching and uplifting than any best-selling book because they are true.

On February 26th, I was reminded of my family's story, and God's working in it. Six years ago, my family adopted three new members. You can read more of the story here or check out even more on my mom's blog. As I reflect on that day, I am reminded of how changed I am because of it. Each and every one of my family member's are changed.

Our story might seem pretty amazing to some, but I want to remind you of the greatest story ever told: God's story, and His pursuit to get us back into a loving relationship with Him. Because His Son died for us, now we can be adopted into His family, even though we are so unworthy and imperfect; and His story is true!


No comments:

Post a Comment